Oct. 11, 2022
Contact: Brian Consiglio, 573-882-9144, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing (SSON) will host a dedication and ribbon-cutting of the new $30 million Sinclair School of Nursing building on the MU campus. The four-story, 64,000-square-feet facility includes:
- 14-bed skills lab
- Seven intensive care, high fidelity simulation rooms
- Video monitors and a two-way mirror for faculty observations
- Research suite
- 150-seat and 75-seat classrooms with technology to support hybrid learning
- Student lounge
- Mun Choi, president, University of Missouri
- Darryl Chatman, chair, University of Missouri System Board of Curators
- Lori Popejoy, interim dean, MU Sinclair School of Nursing
- Susan Gille, 1964 graduate, MU Sinclair School of Nursing and great niece to the Sinclair Family.
- Emilie Maas, MU nursing student and president of Student Nurses Association
4 – 5 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 14
Self-guided tours of building from 2 – 4 p.m. and 5 – 6 p.m.
Guided media tours at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Meet in Room 344 to begin the guided tours.
915 Hitt St.
Columbia, Missouri, 65211
(south of Stankowski Field, between MU School of Medicine and Ellis Fischel Cancer Center on MU’s campus)
Note: Media interested in attending or scheduling an interview may contact Brian Consiglio with the MU News Bureau at 573-882-9144 or email@example.com. Parking is available at Virginia Avenue Parking Structure (VAPS). Golf cart shuttles running between VAPS and SSON will run from 1:45 – 5:30 p.m. A mult-box will be available for reporters wishing to record audio from the event.
Any media wishing to drop off their equipment can do so before parking at the circle drive between the Patient Centered Care Learning Center (PCCLC) building and the Tiger Avenue Parking Structure. A map can be viewed below.