The MU Connect Champions Awards recognize excellence in the efforts of faculty, staff, teaching assistants and students involved in using MU Connect and the Early Alert tools to meaningfully improve teaching and learning, as well as student success at Mizzou.
This year, six individuals from across the University of Missouri were selected based on peer nominations. They include:
- Debbie Betz, student support services manager with Mizzou Online
- Ana-Maria Fernandez, student service coordinator at the Center for Academic Success and Excellence
Steven Goldschmidt, assistant chair and mathematics instructor, College of Arts and Science
- Zack Miller, associate professor of economics in the College of Arts and Science
- Amy Simons, associate professor at the Missouri School of Journalism
- Allie Teagarden, director of undergraduate advising in the Trulaske College of Business
“With MU Connect, when I raise a flag, the student’s advisor and others in their dean’s office see that there’s a concern and get involved,” said Zack Miller, associate professor of economics and MU Connect Champion. “We have a huge network of resources at Mizzou and connecting students to those resources is very important to me. It’s also important to help faculty understand that MU Connect is a useful tool. It really helps students.”
James Noble named chair for Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Kevin Gillis named chair of Biomedical, Biological and Chemical Engineering
Nancy Cheak-Zamora named chair of the Maternal and Child Health section of the American Public Health Association
Mizzou Psi Chi named Model Chapter for the second year in a row
Stay up-to-date on all things Mizzou when you subscribe to the Show Me Mizzou newsletter. Issues will arrive in your inbox every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.