Aug. 16, 2021
Contact: Sara Diedrich, 573-882-3243, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Week – a series of events for new University of Missouri students that occurs each fall the week before school starts. Learn more at https://welcomeweek.missouri.edu/
Here are signature events media representatives are welcome to attend:
WHEN, WHAT & WHERE:
- 8 – 10 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18 – First Roar: First Roar is Mizzou’s kickoff event into Welcome Week and the new academic year. Join Mizzou athletic coaches, the MSA president and other guests at Memorial Stadium. Students will receive a free First Roar shirt, learn various Mizzou traditions, and take a class photo. Where: Memorial Stadium (Rain location: Mizzou Arena.) Note: Students will meet at Traditions Plaza, located between the MU School of Law and the Reynolds Alumni Center, and walk to Memorial Stadium.
- 3 – 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19 – Paint the M: An annual tradition dating back to 1927 when the rocks were first placed on the hill, Paint the M gives incoming students a chance to meet their peers and get their first taste of Mizzou traditions. Where: Faurot Field.
- 10 p.m. – 1 a.m. Friday, Aug. 19 - Midnight BBQ: Celebrate the start of school with Mizzou’s largest block party. Enjoy BBQ and other treats along with inflatables and the largest dance party on Rollins Street. Where: Rollins Street (Rain site: MizzouRec)
- 8:15 – 10:15 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20 – Flick on Faurot: Grab your blanket and friends to watch “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” on Faurot Field. This is also the chance to “kiss the fifty,” an honored tradition. Where: Faurot Field.
- 6 – 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 21 – Tiger Walk: Incoming students will walk through the Columns toward Jesse Hall to symbolically mark their entrance into Mizzou. Join the fun along with President Mun Choi and Marching Mizzou. The public is invited to attend. Where: Francis Quad.