May 11, 2022
Contact: Eric Stann, 573-882-3346, StannE@missouri.edu
The University of Missouri will be celebrating the grand opening of the MU Materials Science and Engineering Institute (MUMSEI), a campus-wide initiative led by a partnership between the MU College of Arts and Science and the MU College of Engineering.
The institute aims to foster innovation to create smarter, safer and more efficient ways of living by promoting interdisciplinary collaboration in areas such as biomaterials, energy materials, quantum materials and materials-at-extremes. By uniting the science and engineering fields at Mizzou, the institute will create new opportunities for joint projects and research proposals, as well as create new educational opportunities for students at all levels.
- Tom Spencer, vice chancellor for research and economic development
- Noah Manring, dean, MU College of Engineering
- Cooper Drury, interim dean, MU College of Arts and Science
- Jeni Hart, vice provost for graduate studies; dean of the MU Graduate School
- Tommy Sewell, professor, Department of Chemistry, MU College of Arts and Science; and adjunct professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, MU College of Engineering
- Matt Maschmann, associate professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, MU College of Engineering
- Paul Miceli, professor and chair of the Department of Physics and Astronomy, MU College of Arts and Science
- Sheila Grant, associate vice chancellor of research and strategic initiatives
WHEN & WHERE:
- Welcome and MUMSEI presentations
8:30-9:15 a.m. on Friday, May 13
Ketcham Auditorium, W1005 Lafferre Hall, Columbia, Missouri, 65211
- Ribbon cutting
11:30 a.m. – noon on Friday, May 13
Lafferre Hall, third floor, Columbia, Missouri, 65211
For media interested in attending either event, or both, please contact Eric Stann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-882-3346.