August 17, 2021
Contact: Sara Diedrich, 573-882-3243, email@example.com
Welcome Week – a series of events for new University of Missouri students that occur each fall the week before school starts.
Here are signature events the media is welcome to attend:
WHEN, WHAT & WHERE:
- 8 – 9:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 19 – First Roar: First Roar is Mizzou’s kickoff event into Welcome Week and the new academic year. Join Mizzou athletic coaches, the Chancellor, MSA President and other guests at Memorial Stadium. Students will receive a free First Roar shirt, learn various Mizzou traditions, and take a class photo. Where: Memorial Stadium (Rain site: Mizzou Arena.) Note: Student will meet at Tiger Plaza, located between the MU School of Law and the Reynolds Alumni Center, and walk to Memorial Stadium.
- 6 – 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 20 – Paint the M: An annual tradition dating back to 1927 when the rocks were first placed on the hill, Paint the M gives incoming students a chance to meet their peers and get their first taste of Mizzou tradition. Where: Faurot Field.
- 10 p.m. – 1 a.m. Friday, Aug. 20 - Midnight BBQ: Celebrate the start of school with Mizzou’s largest block party. Enjoy BBQ and other treats along with inflatables and the largest dance party on Rollins Street. Where: Rollins Street (Rain site: MU Student Center)
- 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 21 – Flick on Faurot: Grab your blanket and friends to watch “F: The Fast Sage” on Faurot Field. This is also the chance to “kiss the fifty,” an honored tradition. Where: Faurot Field.
- 6 – 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 22 – Tiger Walk: Incoming students will walk through the Columns toward Jesse Hall to symbolically mark their entrance into Mizzou. Join the fun along with Marching Mizzou. The public is invited to attend. Where: Francis Quad.
Note regarding COVID-19:
MU has temporarily reinstated our indoor masking requirements for the start of the fall 2021 semester. All students, faculty, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask in classrooms, as well as meeting spaces where social distancing is not possible. To learn more, visit Show Me Renewal.