Sept. 30, 2020
Since 2012, 182 College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR) students have gone through the Litton Leadership Scholars Program. Made possible by the Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation, the program offers students the opportunity to become part of a year-long leadership development experience that challenges them to lead while on campus and their future career fields.
“It’s incredibly exciting to bring these young leaders together and have them connect and work together to develop their leadership skills even further,” said Jon Simonsen, an associate professor of agricultural education and leadership. “Their careers have taken them all over the place, and it’s exciting to see how the skills they learned through this program have helped them succeed.”
The 2020-2021 Litton Leadership Scholars cohort members are:
- Hannah Anderson – Agribusiness Management – Cole Camp, Mo.
- Sydney Baxter – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Chillicothe, Mo.
- Elizabeth Brooks – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Ashland, Mo.
- Brody Brown – Animal Science – Rolla, Mo.
- Kensie Darst – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Aurora, Mo.
- Evan Davidson – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Hartsburg, Mo.
- Megan Edwards – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Salisbury, Mo.
- Alexandra Gast – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Nevada, Mo.
- Caroline Green – Animal Science – Troy, Mo.
- Jessica Janorschke – Agribusiness Management – St. Joseph, Mo.
- Drew Kientzy – Agribusiness Management – Silex, Mo.
- Brenden Kleiboeker – Animal Science – Stotts City, Mo.
- Jacob Knaebel – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Jefferson City, Mo.
- Natalie Koch – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Belle, Mo.
- Kirby Latimer – Animal Science – Hunnewell, Mo.
- Kaylee Lewis – Biochemistry – Chillicothe, Mo.
- Rachael Love – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Truxton, Mo.
- Maggie Pfaff – Animal Science – Chillicothe, Mo.
- Adam Slayton – Agribusiness Management – Memphis, Mo.
- Heather Snow – Animal Science – Columbia, Mo.
- Kate Thompson – Agribusiness Management – Columbia, Mo.
- Caitlyn Twellman – Agribusiness Management – Silex, Mo.
- Mary Watt – Agricultural Education and Leadership – Green City, Mo.
- Emilia Zacherl – Agribusiness Management – Columbia, Mo.
Just in time for Halloween, meet five exceptional Tigers from some of Missouri’s most aptly named places.
Care Team volunteers give support to fellow Tigers
At the peak of the coronavirus pandemic, Mizzou's Care Team had more than 60 volunteers from various areas of campus.
The Novak Leadership Institute
Novak Leadership courses allow students to gain practical skills and experience in the areas of personal leadership development, organizational leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation, and service.
Films produced by J-School students headed to St. Louis International Film Festival
The six documentary films will be showcased at the virtual film festival in November.
Stay up-to-date on all things Mizzou when you subscribe to the Show Me Mizzou newsletter. Issues will arrive in your inbox every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.