May 21, 2018
The University of Missouri is celebrating the contributions of its more than 12,000 staff members across the campus, hospitals and clinics during Staff Recognition Week, which began Monday, May 21.
“We want to take this opportunity to recognize all of these individuals and thank them for their tireless efforts in support of everyone and everything Mizzou does,” Chancellor Alexander N. Cartwright said. “Our staff help foster a collaborative and inclusive environment that drives success. They are extraordinary people who are vital to the university’s effectiveness and excellence.”
The week of activities includes a luncheon, arts and crafts showcase, and human resources seminars. On Monday, eight Outstanding Staff Awards were presented in four award categories:
- Chancellor’s Outstanding Staff Award — for the combination of job performance, interpersonal relationships, job-related personal qualities, and dedication to the university’s core values:
- The Barbara S. Uehling Award for Administrative Excellence — for leadership, administrative excellence and contributions to improving the working conditions and quality of life for Mizzou staff:
- Tamara Regan, business manager for Mizzou K-12 in the College of Education
- The Mick Deaver Memorial Award for Student Relations Excellence — for displaying stewardship and positivity while fostering good relations with students:
- Sarah Stone, coordinator of MSA/GPC Tech
- The MU Inclusive Excellence Award — for commitment to and advocacy of a diverse and inclusive learning, living and working environment for our entire Mizzou community:
“The Mizzou family is proud of these outstanding staff members and appreciates the contributions of all staff,” Interim Chief of Staff Marty Oetting said. “These dedicated individuals play a crucial role in fulfilling our mission in education, research, service and outreach.”
Choi presents to state House committee on Mizzou’s COVID-19 response
On Sept. 15, UM System President and MU Chancellor Mun Choi shared details of the Show Me Renewal plan with state representatives.
Mizzou, MU Health Care to host drive-thru flu shot clinics
Clinics are available to faculty, staff and community members. On-campus student flu shot clinic information will be announced soon.
You're invited to the "Mizzou: Our Time To Lead" virtual celebration
Register online and join us at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24.
85 freshmen named Walter Williams Scholars
The award represents the highest level of student distinction at the Missouri School of Journalism.
Stay up-to-date on all things Mizzou when you subscribe to the Show Me Mizzou newsletter. Issues will arrive in your inbox every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.