April 3, 2018
Inder Khurana, the Geraldine Trulaske Chair of Accountancy in the Trulaske College of Business at the University of Missouri, has been named a recipient of the 2018 Southeastern Conference (SEC) Faculty Achievement Award. The awards, now in their seventh year, honor one individual from each SEC university who has excelled in teaching and research.
Khurana is a member of the American Accounting Association, Financial Management Association and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. His research interests are in the areas of financial accounting and auditing. He has published in several journals, including The Accounting Review and the Journal of Accounting Research.
“The SEC is home to 14 of the finest universities in the nation, and I’m thrilled to have Dr. Khurana recognized among some of the best faculty within the SEC,” MU Chancellor Alexander N. Cartwright said. “He has made extraordinary contributions to accounting and has helped propel the MU School of Accountancy to one of the best in the country.”
The SEC Faculty Achievement Awards are selected by the SEC provosts and are one of the foundational programs designed by the SEC to support and promote the academic endeavors and achievements of its students, faculty and administrators.
The SEC academic awards are organized by the SECU, the academic initiative of the Southeastern Conference. The purpose of SECU is to promote achievements in research and teaching at the 14 universities in the conference and to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration among SEC university professors.
“The SEC Faculty Achievement Awards continue to provide us with a unique opportunity to celebrate faculty from our conference who have demonstrated a commitment to our students while also making meaningful contributions in their fields,” said Greg Sankey, commissioner of the SEC. “Although we have chosen to honor 14, we know they are truly representative of all SEC faculty members.”
Approximately 14,000 full-time, tenured faculty work in the SEC; below is a list of the 2018 SEC Faculty Achievement Award recipients.
- University of Alabama; Trudier Harris, University Distinguished Research Professor of English
- University of Arkansas; Peter Ungar, Distinguished Professor of Anthropology
- Auburn University; David Ketchen, Harbert Eminent Scholar and Professor of Management
- University of Florida; Scott Powers, UAA Endowed Professor and Distinguished Professor
- University of Georgia; Mary Ann Moran, Distinguished Research Professor
- University of Kentucky; Issam Harik, Raymond-Blythe Professor of Civil Engineering
- Louisiana State University; Ward Plummer, Boyd Professor of Physics
- University of Mississippi; Jane Reckelhoff, Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor
- Mississippi State University; James Fowler, Billie J. Ball Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- University of Missouri; Inder Khurana, Geraldine Trulaske Chair in Accountancy
- University of South Carolina; Julius Fridriksson, Carolina Distinguished Professor
- University of Tennessee; Louis Gross, Alvin and Sally Beaman Distinguished Professor
- Texas A&M University; Marcetta Darensbourg, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
- Vanderbilt University; Kathleen Gould, Louise B. McGavock Endowed Professor
Choi presents to state House committee on Mizzou’s COVID-19 response
On Sept. 15, UM System President and MU Chancellor Mun Choi shared details of the Show Me Renewal plan with state representatives.
Expert: COVID-19 pandemic shows signs of affecting alcohol addictions
You're invited to the "Mizzou: Our Time To Lead" virtual celebration
Register online and join us at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24.
Teaching and Learning
Professor keeps focus on silver lining after pancreatic and prostate cancer
Bruce Horwitz, an assistant professor of psychiatry at the MU School of Medicine, uses his experience with cancer to encourage others to keep an active interest their health.
Stay up-to-date on all things Mizzou when you subscribe to the Show Me Mizzou newsletter. Issues will arrive in your inbox every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.