June 3, 2021
Contact: Christian Basi, 573-882-4430, BasiC@missouri.edu
COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri officials announced today that they have started the search for a new College of Education dean. A search committee, led by Kristofer Hagglund, dean of the School of Health Professions, has been named, and an open forum will be held this month to ask stakeholders for their input regarding the characteristics needed for the position.
“I’m thankful that Dean Hagglund has accepted this duty to chair the search of this critical college for the university and the state,” said Latha Ramchand, provost and executive vice chancellor of academic affairs. “The College of Education prepares our future teachers, individuals who have a huge impact on shaping the future of our state and our nation. We are confident that we will find a high-quality individual who is passionate about education and can lead our faculty, staff and students into the future.”
The virtual open session is planned for 2 p.m. Friday, June 11. Anyone who does not have a university Zoom account should contact Tiffany Hendren (HendrenT@umsystem.edu) to ensure they can access the virtual session. Those who are unable to attend the session are encouraged to provide their comments by completing an online survey.
The search committee members are:
- Kris Hagglund, dean, School of Health Professions
- Libby Cowgill, associate professor of anthropology and member of MU Faculty Council
- Natashua Davis, associate vice chancellor, Division of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
- Zandra de Araujo, associate professor, Learning Teaching & Curriculum
- Jennifer Fellabaum-Toston, associate teaching professor & chair of Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis
- Sandra Gautt, alumna, Strategic Advancement Committee member, MU Jefferson Club board trustee
- Francis Huang, associate professor, Education, School & Counseling Psychology
- Tim Lewis, Curators Distinguished Professor, Special Education
- Rose Marra, professor & director, Information Science & Learning Technology
- Leigh Neier, associate teaching professor, Learning Teaching & Curriculum
- Kim Nuetzmann, director, Office of Field Experiences
- Allie Pigg, undergraduate student, Secondary Education- Earth Sciences; Vice President of the True Tiger Network
- Chris Proulx, associate professor & interim chair, Human Development & Family Science
- Alexis Rhames, graduate student, Education, School & Counseling Psychology
- Mary Stegmaier, vice provost for international programs
- Christine Terry, business administrator of eMints, ELPA graduate student
- Michael Williams, assistant professor, Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis
In addition to the open forum, the search committee will be encouraging input directly from College of Education faculty, staff and students. The firm Isaacson, Miller is assisting in the search for the dean.